- Get tested ! if you have ever had sex or ever injected drugs(even if only once), it is especially important to be tested for HIV. Get an HIV test from your doctor or call 311 to find out where to go.
- If you’re HIV postive , medical treatment will help you feel better and live longer.
- Use latex condoms to protect yourself and others from HIV and other sexually tranmitted infections. ( If you are allergic to latex, use polyurethane or male or female condoms.)
- Get vaccinated against hepatitis A and hepaitis B. If you are a women 25 or younger, get tested for chlamydia once a year.
- Limit the number of people you have sex with to reduce your risk of getting or spreading HIV and other sexually transmitted infections.