–HEALTH BULLETIN: brought to you by New York City Department of Health And Mental hygiene
Most of us consume too much sugar.
– Sugar in sweetened drinks contains extra calories you don’t need.
– The extra calories can lead to obesity and diabetes
– Sugar is also bad for your teeth. it causes cavities in kids and adults
I don’t eat a lot of sweets but I still gain weight
Are you pouring on the pounds?
How much sugars do you drink?
– Americans consume 200 to 300 more calories each day than we did 30 years ago.
– Nearly half of these extra calories come from sugar-sweetened drinks.
– Teens who consume sugary beverages drink an average of 360 calories per day. Someone would have to walk about 70 city blocks to burn that many calories.